Location: Durham, North Carolina
Job Title: Industrial Sports Medicine Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: Average of 7 hours per week
Shifts: Monday-Friday 1st shift, split between two days, coverage between hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm
Hourly Range: $25 - $35
Local Benefits: Interstate 85 Corridor region, dense suburban feel, many parks
*wage negotiable based on credentials and experience
A day in the life of an Industrial Sports Medicine Professional will include using your clinical knowledge and our training to provide injury prevention, early discomfort management, body mechanic coaching, and assistance with overall health and wellness. Our primary goal is to develop strong relationship and assist in the overall well-being of the working athletes we serve.
This position allows for a flexible schedule that works for you, us, and our clients. While we must meet our contractual client expectations, Briotix Health values work/life balance. If you thrive in a people-focused environment and are great at working autonomously, you could be a terrific fit for this role.
- 401k with generous employer match after the first month of employment
- State- and local- sick pay as applicable
- Professional development reimbursement and specialized training
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Annual Calm.com subscription
- Work/Life Balance
- Mentorship programs
- Supportive Leadership Team who dedicates their energy to your success
- DE&I Focus Groups
- Create and maintain positive relationships
- Conduct musculoskeletal screens and provide Early Discomfort Management
- Real-time Ergonomic Evaluations & Body Mechanic Coaching
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and deliver customized Education & Training presentations
- Conduct Post Offer Employment Testing, Physical Demands analysis, and other client-specific assessments
- Accurate and timely electronic documentation and support of client-specific reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of musculoskeletal injury care
- Education in athletic training, kinesiology, exercise physiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or related field
- Appropriate certifications and/or state license in good standing required
- Must meet the physical demands of on-site work needs; ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds, frequent standing, walking, sitting, and or squatting
*reasonable accommodations will be considered
- 1-2 years of industrial / occupational experience in injury prevention or ergonomics preferred but not required
- Ergonomic Certification or training preferred but not required
- Current CPR certification
At Briotix Health, we put our focus in the Industrial and Occupational realm. We consider ourselves life-long-learners and we strive to provide our team members with the education and nurturing they need to be successful while serving our clients.
We recognize that the team members we hire come from all walks of life. We believe that people from underrepresented backgrounds not only help us to be stronger, but also allow our team to connect, belong, and grow. If you share our values and our desire to build meaningful, diverse, and lasting relationships, we highly encourage you to apply.
Depending on client requirements and business type, employment at Briotix Health may be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and/or drug screen, along with applicable credential verification.
Key Words: industrial medicine, ergonomics, body mechanics, occupational health, healthcare, industrial sports medicine, sports medicine, athletic trainer, AT, ATC, occupational therapist, OT, physical therapist, PT, DPT, kinesiologist, exercise physiologist, physical therapy assistant, PTA, safety, industrial ergonomics, office ergonomics, health & wellness, injury prevention, behavioral ergonomics, education, 1:1, autonomy, independent, clinical, non-clinical, education, presentations, public speaking, coaching, biomechanics, safety, human movement, NC, Raleigh