Location: Alliston, ON
Job Type: Full-Time
Hours: Average of 35 hours per week
Shifts: Preferred days are Monday-Friday with varying 1st shift availability, occasional Saturday
Benefits: Generous paid time off, 401K with employer match and Calm.com subscription
Hourly Rate: $25-$35 CAD
Applying for a new position can be a big decision, and that is why we want to help make that decision easy for you!
At Briotix Health, we put our focus in the Industrial and Occupational realm. We consider ourselves life-long-learners and we strive to provide our team members with the education and nurturing they need to be successful while serving our clients.
A day in the life of an Industrial Sports Medicine Professional will include using your clinical knowledge and our training to provide injury prevention, early symptom intervention, body mechanic coaching, and assistance with the overall health and wellness of the people they are working with.
Working in a nontraditional sports medicine environment comes with many perks. Our providers are making a difference in the lives of the Working Athletes they encounter. This position allows for a flexible schedule that works for you, us, and our clients. If you thrive in a people-focused environment and are great at working autonomously, you could be a terrific fit for this role.
Core Job Duties:
- Provide onsite care and management for work and non-work-related discomforts and illnesses
- Evaluate client-site employees as needed with ergonomic screens and musculoskeletal assessments
- Eliminating unnecessary musculoskeletal claims and expediting return to work through defensible post offer employment testing, functional capacity evaluation, and Fit for Duty testing; using state of the art technology
- Document interactions and other pertinent information using our web-based system
- Act as an educator and an advocate for the Working Athletes at your assigned clients
- Experience with body mechanics coaching
- Industrial/ergonomic experience is a plus
- Experience with musculoskeletal injury care
- Industrial experience is a plus
- Experience with post offer employment testing is a plus
- Current CPR Certification CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, BLS Healthcare Provider, or equivalent certification
- Must meet the physical demands of on-site work needs; ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds, frequent standing, walking, sitting, and or squatting
*reasonable accommodations will be considered
**Active, appropriate license and certifications are required
- Certified Athletic Trainer with a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Kinesiologist with a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Exercise Physiologist with a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Physical Therapist with a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Occupational Therapist with a bachelor’s degree or higher
We recognize that the team members we hire come from all walks of life. We believe that people from underrepresented backgrounds not only help us to be stronger, but also allow our team to connect, belong, and grow. If you share our values and our desire to build meaningful, diverse, and lasting relationships, we highly encourage you to apply.
Key Words: industrial medicine, ergonomics, body mechanics, occupational health, healthcare, industrial sports medicine, sports medicine, athletic trainer, AT, ATC, occupational therapist, OT, physical therapist, PT, DPT, kinesiologist, exercise physiologist, physical therapy assistant, PTA, safety, industrial ergonomics, office ergonomics, health & wellness, injury prevention, behavioral ergonomics, education, clinical specialist, POET, Alliston, Ontario, Toronto