Position: Patient Account Specialist
Location: San Antonio, TX
Years’ Experience: Prefer Medical Office experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Competitive benefits package which includes generous paid time off and 401k
Business: Outpatient Therapy Clinic
You will collect funds from Insurance Companies and Attorneys. You will post Eligibility of Benefits (EOBs) for multiple insurance carriers after we receive them. Performs regular tracking to ensure we download and post EOBs for ACH deposits we have received. Works EOBs as they are posted and follow up on denied claims and claims missing information to ensure the claims can be re-filed promptly. Work through Aging Report that you will be responsible for every two weeks. Return patient phone calls within 24 hours of the patient calling. Per Texas state law, all company employment is “at will” and may be terminated by the employee or the company with or without cause at any time.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm.
- Computer entry skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Previous direct patient care preferred.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training required.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary, clinical team.
- Ability to communicate well with public and other personnel in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Previous medical office, billing, and/or insurance experience is required.
- Great communication skills.
- The ability to control people and things.
- Be able to overcome rejection.
- The ability to think quickly and respond quickly.
- Must like to use the telephone.
- The ability to keep good records and follow a system.
- Must have a desire to work hard and be bonused based on production.
- Must be persistent.
- Must be willing to assist in other departments as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a very high attention to detail.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy in all daily job duties.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations during crisis.
- Must be able to be kind, compassionate, and respectful to all patients, co-workers, front desk employees, and clinicians.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain good rapport with the public and with all other personnel and medical staff
- Must be able to tolerate high noise levels and busy environments.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally, both in person and by telephone.
- Physical demand level involves prolonged, extensive or considerable sitting, standing, and walking, as well as lifting supplies/equipment.
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to handle charts, forms, pen/pencil, supplies, and equipment, such as computer, telephone, fax machines, copy machines and other standard office equipment as required.
- Must demonstrate good organization of all patient collection charts and all data/information and supplies as required.
- Must be able to comply with OSHA Category 1 standards for exposure to blood borne pathogens, diseases, and infections.
- Must be able to wear appropriate protective clothing and equipment to protect against work place exposures.
- Universal precautions are required at all times.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of basic word processing and spreadsheet computer programs and be able to input data for statistics and weekly reports.
- Must be able and willing to comply with all HIPPA standards.
- Must perform other related duties as assigned.
Please apply online to be considered with salary history.