Position: Central Scheduling Receptionist
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Years’ Experience Required: 1+ years
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off and 401k
Business: Outpatient Therapy Clinic
Central Scheduling Receptionist carries out clerical duties pertinent to the admission process such as, intake and routing of all new patients entering our clinic system. Continually tracks marketing efforts and records email addresses for all new patients. Follows up with all referrals received to ensure each patient referred to the practice becomes a patient. Liaises with other administrative and clinical staff to ensure all patients have their needs met in a timely fashion. Assist in the management of referral to the facility via phone answering and scheduling of clients. Demonstrate the ability to maintain good rapport with the public and with all other personnel and medical staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm.
- Computer entry skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Previous direct patient care preferred.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training required.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary, clinical team.
- Ability to communicate well with public and other personnel in a tactful and courteous manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to handle stressful situations during crisis.
- Must be able to be kind, polite, friendly, and compassionate to all clients.
- Must be able to tolerate high noise levels and busy environments.
- Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally, both in person and by telephone.
- Physical demand level involves prolonged, extensive or considerable sitting, standing and walking, as well as lifting supplies/equipment.
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to handle charts, forms, pen/pencil, supplies, and equipment, such as assistive equipment, therapy equipment, computer, telephone, fax machines, copy machines and other standard office equipment.
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong organization skills.
- Must demonstrate good organization of all patients’ accounts including patient data/information and notating patients’ accounts appropriately.
- Must be able to send patient information to the Central Verification department in a timely and efficient manner, with minimal to no error, on a regular basis.
- Must be able to comply with OSHA Category 1 standards for exposure to blood borne pathogens, diseases, and infections.
- Must be able to wear appropriate protective clothing and equipment to protect against work place exposures.
- Universal precautions are required at all times.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of basic word processing and spreadsheet computer programs and be able to input data for statistics and weekly reports.
- Must be able and willing to comply with all HIPAA standards.
- Must perform other related duties as assigned.