U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc. (NYSE: USPH), which was founded in 1990, is a publicly held company which operates approximately 580+ outpatient physical therapy clinics in 41 states. The Company's clinics provide preventative and post-operative care for a variety of orthopedic-related disorders and sports-related injuries, treatment for neurologically-related injuries and rehabilitation of injured workers. In addition to owning and operating clinics, the Company manages physical therapy facilities for third parties, including hospitals and physician groups. U.S. Physical Therapy has been named to Forbes list of America’s 200 Best Small Companies.
We are searching for a highly energetic individual to join our growing and exciting company as a Regional Controller. The Regional Controller will report to the VP of Accounting and Controller as well as the VP of Operations. This role will be based in our West Houston, Texas corporate office.
The Regional Controller will be responsible for a specific region of the US.
The Regional Controller should be a degreed accountant whose primary responsibilities are the accuracy and completeness of the recording of revenues, expenses and balance sheet items for the clinics in their region on a timely basis. Additionally, the Regional Controller provides analysis on their clinics and prepares the annual regional budget. The position has a direct reporting relationship to the Regional Vice President and a secondary reporting relationship to the Corporate Controller. Besides the regional VP and Corporate Controller, the Regional Controller interfaces with senior management, partner/directors, liaisons, reimbursement, accounts payable, cash management, corporate accounting and financial services personnel, and executive management.
The Regional Controller’s job responsibilities in the accounting and operations areas include the following:
• Prepare and review financial statements for all the clinics in the region
• Review reasonableness of gross revenue, net revenue and clinic write-offs. With the involvement of the liaison/s and reimbursement specialist, determine the appropriate amount of contractual allowance and bad debt reserves
• Review clinics’ expenses and making necessary accruals and/or reclassifications by preparing and posting journal entries
• Determine and record partner/director/therapist bonuses
• Review clinic invoices for coding and proper authorization and approve for payment
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Ascertain cash available for partner distributions
• Analyze Raintree (or other billing systems) related reports for aging, individual account collections and days outstanding
• Review analytical trends (visit, net rate per visit, payroll rate per visit and margin rates) for reasonableness and provide explanations for significant changes
• Prepare various ad hoc reports for VPs
• Respond to clinic’s inquires and requests for information
• Educate partners regarding various aspects of their financial statements
• Meet with partners/directors during their Houston visit and discuss any financial related issues
• Develop the annual budget for the region and analyze against actual results
• Develop proforma’s for new clinics with VP input
CPA is required
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a base salary, bonus opportunity as well as restricted stock, plus we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.