We are a busy outpatient physical therapy clinic and we are searching for a Medical Office Assistant for our clinic located in Rome GA!
We also require the individual to be dependable, responsible, and flexible with hours and be multi-tasked in the Medical Office area.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Some of these responsibilities may not be your primary duties. They will be assigned as necessary by the Office Manager. However, you should be trained on all the following responsibilities by your first anniversary with the company. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. All tasks and responsibilities assigned are expected to be performed professionally and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
1. Answer incoming telephone calls and respond to questions and requests, or direct calls appropriately and professionally
2. Call patients who have missed appointments to reschedule and record information in the patient’s chart appropriately
3. Call new patients to remind them of their initial evaluation the day before their appointment
4. Make follow up calls from weekly chart reviews or when requested
5. Ensure all forms are replenished as necessary to ensure smooth and efficient operation of clinic activities
6. Open/close office daily, turning on/off lights and office equipment. Check answering machine and all emails
7. Maintain proper inventory levels for the office.
8. Receive referrals over the phone, fax or over the counter, following company policy and guidelines as defined in the Office Assistant Training Manual
9. Request and document all information required before the initial evaluation, for the purpose of insurance verification and RMT registration
10. Enter information into RMT accurately, following guidelines in the Office Assistant Training Manual
11. Schedule patients according to clinic policy and therapist preference as defined by the Clinic Director
12. Follow all guidelines for cancellations, no-shows and reschedules as outlined in the Office Assistant Training Manual
PATIENT CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
13. Greet and direct patients, salespeople, and visitors according to policy and procedures
14. Check in all patients in RMT Scheduling in a timely manner, so that the therapist has access to the patient documentation from their work queue.
15. Check in/out patients according to office policy and procedures
INSURANCE VERIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT
16. Contact insurance companies to verify the patient’s eligibility and insurance benefits information and record the information in the patient’s chart
17. Enter all insurance information into RMT accurately, following the guidelines in the Office Assistant Training Manual
18. Send all information required or requested to the insurance companies for the purpose of certification or authorization
19. Conduct insurance consultations with new patients or as needed to explain their benefit information obtained
20. Maintain and track patient visits while gaining authorizations if additional visits are needed in a timely manner
21. Conduct chart reviews to ensure all patient benefits are verified and/or updated as necessary
22. Perform follow-up actions on insurance issues noted during weekly therapist chart reviews
23. Comply with PFS to send notes as requested for billing/insurance purposes for proper claim submittal in a timely manner
24. Review patient charts regularly to ensure all visits are authorized and necessary documentation is within the chart
PATIENT PAYMENT CALCULATIONS AND COLLECTIONS
25. Calculate and collect patient payments accurately and professionally
26. Direct all billing office questions regarding financial matters accurately and professionally
27. Ensure that all over-the-counter payments are accounted for and handled with accuracy and deposited in a timely manner
28. Count and balance petty cash and patient payments daily according to clinic policy
29. Track all credit card transactions, sending the report to accounts payable when required
30. Professionally conduct patient insurance consultations
31. Enter all payment arrangements into RMT patient comments after all insurance consultations for the purpose of PFS account follow-up.
32. Check overall orderliness and completeness of charts and forms when checking in patients
33. Log all applicable patient communication within the patient’s chart in the required space
34. Track patient attendance daily within the patient’s chart and on required reports
35. Compile patient charts with all patient questionnaires for new patients filed in the required locations
36. Gather information from patients on intake forms provided ensuring completeness of all answers
37. File all paperwork according to policies and procedures of clinic accurately and in a timely manner
38. Check patient charts to ensure scripts/referrals are current and/or 700-701’s are signed and updated
39. Ensure completeness of all forms
40. Chart review discharged charts finding discrepancies and informing the therapist involved to correct the deficiencies found
41. Complies with PFS to send notes as requested for billing/insurance purposes for proper claim submittal in a timely manner.
High School Graduation a must
We offer a competitive total compensation package including an hourly wage plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as Paid Time Off.
Please apply online with salary history to be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.