A busy Central Business Office in Rome, GA is currently seeking a strong Patient Account Rep to handle the Medical Billing & Collections for our physical therapy clinics. Individuals applying must have 2 solid years’ experience in Medical Billing and Collections. We require the individual to be dependable, responsible, and flexible with hours and be multi-tasked to help this front office stay on top of billing and collections!
•Post payments daily
•Bill, upload and correct claims in clearinghouse
•Status unpaid claims and patient accounts
•Balance and complete daily deposit
• Must have 2+ yrs experience in the Medicare Billing and DDE exp, Collections and all aspects of A/R cycle
• Must be proficient in Word & Excel
• Previous experience with medical software highly preferred
• Must have experience in a medical clinic, heavy medical billing, heavy A/R, collections (from insurance companies & patients), insurance follow-up and coding& verification
• Team player attitude, energetic, able to multi-task, with a focus on excellent customer service are key.
• Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and a stable past work history
* A valid driver's license is required and any employment offers are contingent upon a clear background check.
* High School Graduation a must. Some advanced education/certifications highly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, operate a calculator, telephone, copier and other such office equipment. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for prolonged periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment. Involves contact with patients and public.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including an hourly base pay plus an individual monthly incentive plan, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as Paid Time Off starting on days 91 of your employment.
NO Agency calls. Please apply online do not contact the clinics!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.