Briotix is looking to hire a part-time (16 hours per week) Mobility Partner to work onsite with a Briotix client located in San Francisco, CA. The Patient Mobility Partner supports the clinical work flow by providing patient mobility assistance and training to nurses and other care personnel. Through the use of safe patient handling and mobility equipment and techniques, the Patient Mobility Partner mobilizes patients in accordance with the nurse’s mobility care plan for each patient. Please be aware that this position is part-time for weekend coverage on Saturdays and Sundays w/ a 3rd shift schedule (12:00 am-8:30 am PST).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Functions as a member of a patient mobility team which consists of trained personnel working together to support the mobility of clinically complex patients, and/or patients requiring mobility assistance.
- Operates and utilizes specialized patient handling equipment, transfer devices, and protective equipment in compliance with hospital/clinic policies, vendor specifications, and patient handling and transporting protocols.
- Cooperates with and works collaboratively with the nursing/patient care services team; functions as part of a team to lower critical incidents and risk factors through problem solving and coaching; adheres to department and hospital/clinic policies and procedures.
- Ensures availability and safe condition of lift equipment; tracks and inventories lift equipment.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment in all aspects of patient care.
- Maintains patient and employee safety as a basic premise of all tasks performed.
- Recognizes needs and concerns of patients, co-workers, and physicians while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in area of safe patient handling.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.
- Performs other duties and responsibility as assigned.
- High school diploma; or equivalent combination of education & experience may be considered in lieu High School diploma
- Prefer a 2 or 4-year degree in medical discipline or a related field (e.g. Nursing assistant, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Sports Medicine, Biology, etc.)
- Prefer experience as a lift team member, patient care Lift Partner (PCA), or rehab services aide
- Certified Nursing Assistant’s are encouraged to apply
KEYWORDS: Hospital, Lift Team, Lift Technician, PT Aide, Certified Nursing Assistance (CNA), Medical, Nursing, Kinesiology, Exercise Philology, Sports Medicine, Biology, Part-time, Weekend, EMT, Emergency Medical Technician.