U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc. ("USPh"), which was founded in 1990, is a publicly held company which operates about 579+ outpatient physical and/or occupational therapy clinics in 41 states. The Company's clinics provide post-operative care for a variety of orthopedic-related disorders and sports-related injuries, rehabilitation of injured workers and preventative care.
We are searching for an individual who wants to join our exciting company as a EDI Support Representative. This position is based out our Corporate Office on the West side of Houston.
Job Summary: The Individual will be responsible for providing support to the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) department and our USPh therapy clinics in accordance with USPh policies and payor specific guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Completes payor enrollment forms accurately and timely, with appropriate signatures
- Tracks each enrollment form to completion, following up with Payor as necessary
- Responds to telephone calls and/or emails in a timely manner
- Reviews ZirMed Claims rejections on a USPh summary basis to highlight/report on Clinics that may have backlogs
- Answering the EDI Help Desk phone line, making sure to document, track and monitor support requests to ensure a timely resolution
- Provide technical support to end users on any straightforward issues related to ANSI 837P and 837I formats
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems related to rejected claims
- Reports to management any specific trends or issues
- Responds to management special project requests
- Provides coverage as needed for other departmental personnel
- Supports and maintains information security measures as appropriate to the position, including maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality to protect patient privacy and company’s proprietary information
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities being performed by people in this assigned job. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of the responsibilities assigned to these people.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a medical billing and collection environment
- Experience with Microsoft® Outlook and Excel software
- Experience with ZirMed® Claims Clearinghouse software
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro® software
- Experience with Track-It® Work Order software
- Experience with Raintree® practice management software
- Knowledge of ANSI Code Set as it applies to 837P and 837I healthcare billing
- Microsoft® Word software
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi task with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay organized and to multi task
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to sit for extended periods of time
- The ability to view and type at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift and/or move 10 pounds on an occasional basis
USPh offers a competitive compensation package including base salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan in addition to other outstanding benefits such as Paid Time Off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.