U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc. ("USPh"), founded in 1990, is a publicly held company which operates 580+ outpatient physical therapy clinics in 41 states. The Company's clinics provide pre and post operative care for a variety of orthopedic-related disorders and sports-related injuries, treatment for neurologically-related injuries, rehabilitation of injured workers and preventative care.
As of December 2016, USPh has 580+ locations under operating leases. In addition, USPh needs to evaluate other agreements, such as our data center technology, to determine if the agreement meets the definition of a lease.
The Project Manager is a new role created to lead the implementation of FASB’s new lease accounting standards across USPh’s businesses. The 4-6 month project will need to be completed in advance of December 31st, 2018 to ensure USPh complies with SEC deadlines.
- Define the implementation plan for the 4-6 month project, outlining key milestones and tasks for the planning, assessment, implementation and transition phases.
- Manage the cross-functional team of stakeholders in the technical accounting, financial reporting, procurement, real estate, IT and corporate tax departments. As necessary, on-board new team members during the lifecycle of the project, enabling them to quickly come up to speed on their roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain a list of project risks and mitigations that might impact the scope, timeline or budget for the Lease Accounting project. Ensure key milestones such as selecting software vendors; Provide monthly project status reports to the key accounting leadership team.
- Partner with the Acctg/procurement team during the process to define requirements. Issue a RFP and select a vendor for lease accounting software. Work closely with an outside consulting firm to ensure the success of the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of the software.
- Supervise individuals responsible for collecting the necessary data from leases from internal functions (e.g. accounts payable and procurement mostly) and external organizations (e.g. lessors, brokers and outsourcing providers). Manage the process to verify completeness of the data, locate missing data, validate the accuracy of the data, and reconcile inconsistencies between systems.
- Collaborate with leaders from the technical accounting and financial reporting teams during the accounting transition period. Ensure that the effort to apply the new accounting standards to each lease remains in scope and on schedule to meet implementation and comparative reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate the rollout and transition to the new standards across the organization. Schedule end-user training sessions for lease accounting software. Document and define communication delivery strategies for new policies and controls.
- Project Management skills, with emphasis on on-time deliverables management.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills to manage conference calls and in-person meetings with numerous stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to translate concepts, as necessary, between accountants and non-financial stakeholders.
- BS or Masters/MBA in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ Years of Experience in Project Management
- Experience with Corporate Real Estate or Equipment Leasing is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- PmP is a plus
We offer a competitive hourly rate for your services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.