A busy Outpatient Therapy Clinic in Lynchburg, VA (Forest Brook) is currently searching for an experienced Patient Care Coordinator.
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating all functions necessary for an efficient and productive flow of patients between check-in, treatment, and check-out. This position is a point-of-contact for all non-clinical patient service including managing the patient scheduling process; collecting, posting, and depositing patient payments; maintaining patient charts and electronic medical records; maintaining the front desk area; and providing outstanding customer service to our patients.
High school diploma, with relevant college experience preferred. Strong customer service experience and skills are required, preferably in the physical therapy or medical field. To be considered for a patient care coordinator position, one must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be computer literate; must be punctual and dependable; must be committed to maintaining patient confidentiality; must exhibit a professional appearance and attitude; must be able to multi-task and focus in a busy environment; and must provide exceptional patient service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and check in patients; collect and post payments at time of check-in.
- Send evaluations reports and plans of care to referring doctors and ensure documents are returned with signatures if required.
- Liaison between patient and clinical staff.
- Liaison between patient and insurance specialists/financial counselor, if needed.
- Set up new cases in medical records system.
- Make charts for new patients.
- Coordinate referrals, including setting prescriptions and authorizations.
- Answer all incoming calls.
- Provide patient service; answer questions.
- Reply to and complete tasks sent by treatment providers.
- Optimize clinic patient load through rescheduling canceled or broken appointments, filling canceled appointment time slots, and preventing lapses in patient episodes of care.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in front desk area.
- Balance cash drawer; accurately record cash/check transactions in cash log; make bank deposits.
- Ensure that payments collected in collections software and medical records system match at the end of each day.
- Accurately utilize electronic medical records software and payment collection software.
- Pull charts for next day and file charts after treatment.
- Discharge patients in electronic medical records system.
- Purge and shred patient charts after discharge.
- Comply with published Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act’s [HIPAA] Privacy Rules Policy and Procedures as well as Rehab Associate’s Compliance Plan.
- Assist other patient care coordinators and all clinic team members. This involves teamwork and the ability to get along with others in order to foster a cohesive work environment.
- Monitor and respond to internal email communications in a timely manner.
Critical Success Indicators:
- Provide total patient service and satisfaction.
- 100% accuracy in data entry.
- Accurate up-front collections and financial records.
- Complete communication of fees and financial responsibility with patients.
- Optimization of appointment scheduling.
- Policy and procedure compliance.
- Ability to communicate and resolve problems via excellent problem-solving skills and the scientific problem solving process.
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to efficiently handle numerous tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical professionals, patients, and other team members.
This position may include additional responsibilities that are not indicated in the job description.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including an hourly base pay, the opportunity to earn additional money through the profit sharing plan, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as Paid Time Off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.